1. Parents’ Guide to Cord Blood: http://parentsguidecordblood.org/
2. Nietfeld JJ, Pasquini MC, Logan BR, Verter F, Horowitz MM. Lifetime probabilities of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in the US. Biol Blood Marrow transplant. Mar 2008; 14(3): 316-3
3. Bioinformant Industry report: Capitalising on opportunities in cord blood industry growth, www.Bioinformant.com. March 2013
4. Omar et al, Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells: The New Gold Standard for Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Based Therapies? Tissue Eng Part B Rev. April 2014.
5. Harris DT, Umbilical cord tissue mesenchymal stem cells: characterization and clinical applications. Curr Stem Cell Res Ther. 2013 Sep; 8(5):394-9
6. Pre-clinical Cord Tissue Stem Cell Research for Parkinson’s Disease. Fu YS, Cheng YC, Lin MY, et al. Conversion of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells in Wharton’s jelly to dopaminergic neurons in vitro: potential therapeutic application for Parkinsonism. Stem Cells. 2006;24(1):115-124. Epub 2005 Aug
7. Pre-clinical Cord Tissue Stem Cell Research for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Liu Y, Mu R, Wang S, et al. Therapeutic potential of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2010;12(6):R210.
8. Pre-clinical Cord Tissue Stem Cell Research for Stroke. Ding DC, Shyu WC, Chiang MF, et al. Enhancement of neuroplasticity through upregulation of ß1-integrin in human umbilical cord-derived stromal cell implanted stroke model. Neurobiol Dis. 2007;27(3):339-353. Epub 2007 Jun 18.
9. Pre-clinical Cord Tissue Stem Cell Research for Type 1 Diabetes. Anzalone R, Lo Iacono M, Loria T, et al. Wharton’s jelly mesenchymal stem cells as candidates for beta cells regeneration: extending the differentiative and immunomodulatory benefits of adult mesenchymal stem cells for the treatment of type 1 diabetes. Stem Cell Rev. October 23, 2010. [Epub ahead of print.]
10. Pre-clinical Cord Tissue Stem Cell Research for Liver Fibrosis. Tsai PC, Fu TW, Chen YM, et al. The therapeutic potential of human umbilical mesenchymal stem cells from Wharton’s jelly in the treatment of rat liver fibrosis. Liver Transpl. 2009;15(5):484-495.
11. Pre-clinical Cord Tissue Stem Cell Research for Lung Cancer. Maurya DK, Doi C, Kawabata A, et al. Therapy with un-engineered naïve rat umbilical cord matrix stem cells markedly inhibits growth of murine lung adenocarcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:590.
12. Pre-clinical Cord Tissue Stem Cell Research for Sports Injuries (cartilage). Wang L, Tran I, Seshareddy K, et al. A comparison of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells and human umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stromal cells for cartilage tissue engineering. Tissue Eng. 2009;15(8) (pt A):2259-2266
13. Umbilical Cord Tissue derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Rheumatoid Arthritis http://ClinicalTrials.gov/show/NCT01985464
14. Safety and Efficacy Study of Umbilical Cord-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Rheumatoid Arthritis http://ClinicalTrials.gov/show/NCT01547091
15. Feasibility Study of Human Umbilical Cord Tissue-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Patients With Multiple Sclerosis http://ClinicalTrials.gov/show/NCT02034188
16. Safety and Feasibility Study of Mesenchymal Trophic Factor (MTF) for Treatment of Osteoarthritis http://ClinicalTrials.gov/show/NCT02003131
17. Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Induce Liver Transplant Tolerance http://ClinicalTrials.gov/show/NCT01690247
18. Safety and Feasibility of Intranasal Mesenchymal Trophic Factor (MTF) For Treatment of Asthma http://ClinicalTrials.gov/show/NCT02192736
19. Allogenic Stem Cell Therapy in Patients With Acute Burn http://ClinicalTrials.gov/show/NCT01443689
20. Umbilical Cord Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Transplantation for Active and Refractory Systemic Lupus Erythematosus http://ClinicalTrials.gov/show/NCT01741857
21. Phase 2 Study of Human Umbilical Cord Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell for the Treatment of Lupus Nephritis http://ClinicalTrials.gov/show/NCT01539902
22. Efficacy of Stem Cell Transplantation Compared to Rehabilitation Treatment of Patients With Cerebral Paralysis http://ClinicalTrials.gov/show/NCT01929434
23. Cell Care data on file rolling 12 months average to April 2018.
24. Cryo-Save Group N.V. – Q1 Trading Update (06/05/2014)
25. Cell Care data on file (Last updated 29/10/14)
26. AusCord website (Last updated 29/10/14)
27. https://clinicaltrials.gov Trial Identifiers - 1. Cerebral palsy: Cerebral Palsy: NCT01147653, NCT01991145 and NCT01072370. 2. Alzheimer’s disease: NCT01297218. 3. Autism: NCT02176317 and NCT01638819. 4. Burns: NCT01019681. 5. Hearing loss: NCT02038972. 6. Metabolic disorders: NCT01238328, NCT00383448, NCT00176917, NCT00176904. 7. Solid tumours: NCT01914263, 8. Stroke: NCT01438593. 9. Spinal Cord Injury: NCT01354483, NCT01046786. 10. Diabetes: NCT01996228, NCT01350219
28. Andersson O, Domell?f M, Andersson D, Hellstr?m-Westas L. Effects of delayed vs early umbilical cord clamping on iron status and neurodevelopment at age 12 months:a randomized clinical trial. LAMA Pediatr. 2014 Jun; 168(6):547-54.
29. McDonald SJ, Middleton P, Dowswell T, Morris PS. Effect of timing of umbilical cord clamping of term infants on maternal and neonatal outcomes.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Jul, 11(7)
30. Committee Opinion. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. December 2012, number 543; Timing of Umbilical Cord Clamping After Birth
31. Queensland Centre for Mothers and Babies. 2012. Choices about clamping your baby’s umbilical cord: A decision aid for women having a vaginal birth.
32. World Health Organization. Delayed clamping of the umbilical cord to reduce infant anaemia.2013 WHO/RHR/14.19. http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/120074/1/WHO_RHR_14.19_eng.pdf?ua=1&ua=1
33. Fight Cancer Foundation website - 500th Cord Blood Unit Released - 26 Aug 2014
34. Sasazuki T, Juji T, Morishima Y, Kinukawa N, Kashiwabara H, Inoki H, Yoskida T, Kimura A, Akaza T, Kamikawaji N, Kodera Y, Takaku R. Effect of matching of class I HLA alleles on clinical outcome after transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells from an unrelated donor. Japan Marrow Donor Program. New Engl J Med 1998; 339: 1177-1185
35. Rabe et al. Cochrane Database Syst.Rev.2012, 15(8)
36. McDonald,S., J. Midwifery Womens Health. 2007, 52(3):254-261
39. Migliaccio et al. Blood. 2000 96: 2717-2722
40. Cell Care data on file
41. % of Cell Care client survey responders (Sep 2016 – August 2017) that rated their overall experience with Cell Care.
42. Update on umbilical cord blood transplantation, Ballen K, (2017) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28928957
43. Bioinformant: Complete 2017-18 Cord Blood Banking Industry Report www.Bioinformant.com
44. Umbilical cord blood banking: an update. Merlin G. Butler and Jay E. Menitove. J Assist Reprod Genet (2011) 28:669-676
45. Bizetto et al, haematologica 2011; 96(1).